The easiest way to answer this question is to go back to nature. The process by which nature renews and purifies itself is very much like distillation. Water evaporates in nature and becomes gaseous, which forms clouds. Contaminants and particles that have been absorbed by the water as it erodes the earth and collects bacteria from its surroundings are left behind and the water vapor forms clouds. When the water returns to earth in most cases it is 100% h20. Due to air pollution over the last few hundred years most rain picks up some acidity from the air, however, so drinking rainwater is usually not the best option, although rainwater IS very clean compared to ground water or even tap water.
Steam distillation reproduces the natural process of evaporation, first by heating the water to boiling and converting it to steam. The boiling process kills bacteria in the water, and the process of converting to a gaseous form leaves behind the dead bacteria as well as heavy metal and dirt particles that can be found in tap water and ground water. The steam recondenses into 100% pure clean h20. What many people don’t realize is that water purification equipment is not just for drinking. There are many applications for water purification equipment including:
- Aquariums: Distilled water is clean and uncloudy where fish are happier in a chlorine-free tank.
- Baby formulas: Boiling tap water kills bacteria, but it doesn’t remove harmful contaminants.
- Beverages: Coffee, tea, and your favorite water based beverages are much tastier when you use distilled water. Ice cubes made with distilled water won’t spoil the taste of beverages.
- Complexion Care: Feel the difference with distilled water … tap water impurities can clog skin pores.
- Contact Lenses: Use distilled water to clean your contact lenses. It won’t irritate your eyes.
- Cooking: Chlorine-free soups and vegetables – taste the improvement – pots and pans are easier to clean.
- Humidifiers: Eliminates white dust, mineral salt, and rust concerns. Add more life and efficiency.
- Kettles: Inside and outside of kettles will stay looking new.
- Low sodium: 99.9% of sodium is removed in the distillation process.
- Pets: They’ll love you for giving them clean water.
- Photography: Perfect development.
- Plant: Plants and cut flowers live longer and look healthier because, just like nature’s rainwater, distilled water is free of mineral salts.
- Steam Irons: Eliminate scaling of steam iron vents. Irons will operate more efficiently and last longer.
- Wet-Cell Batteries: Car batteries last longer with Distilled Water.
As you can see, the Running Waters water distiller is the perfect choice in water purification equipment. It comes in a variety of sizes and is great both for your home or business. Contact us today for more information on our products.